Monday, February 25, 2008

The good and bad...

This time I'm going to do the good first. The party is THIS SATURDAY! Ahhhhh! Lots of planning to do....but it will be a ton of fun!! Some details.... there will be a donations table (with recommended donation of $10 per person) and a silent auction (which has some really great items...including donations from Inn at Essex, Burton, Magic Hat, VT Massage, VT Teddy Bear, Child Travel, Flynn Theater, and area restaurants. Also donations of and Ipod, earrings, chocolates, chesters (yum!), magazine subscriptions, and much more!) All of the proceeds from these donations will go to the Cancer Patient Support Program at Fletcher Allen. I will also be selling tee-shirts for another cancer fund in the area (SD Ireland Cancer Research Fund http://www.sdirelandcancerresearch.org/). These are great, fun shirts! (I was wearing one in a previous blog post that said 'Beat It').
So...I hope to see you all at Nectars on Saturday at 5ish! oh....and wear your dancin' shoes, as there will be a DJ!

Now...I'm going to ask that you send warm thoughts to one of my support group friends. (need to ask her if I can share her name...) She found out last week that her cancer had returned and has spread to her bones. Her primary cancer was breast, and she had a mastectomy last year and was presumed to be cancer-free. Since December, she has had back pain. She assumed it was from bending over a machine, making her wooden bowl (one of our group events), however the pain persisted. She had it checked out, and it turned out to be cancer metastisis. She's only in her 30's. It's really a reminder to me how terrible, ruthless, and unfair this disease is...and it angers me beyond belief. She is a great person, who was such a wonderful support to me as I was going through treatment...and my thoughts and prayers have been with her a lot in the past week, as I wish her strength in coping with her new diagnosis and reality. Please include her in your prayers as well...

No comments: